Full-time Medical Technologist/Technician (Técnico de Laboratório)
Descrição da Vaga
Lancet Laboratórios Moçambique is recruiting a Medical Technologist/Technician (Técnico de Laboratório) for Maputo.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs diagnostic testing procedures, reviews and verifies results and interacts with pathologists on technical matters to provide all relevant data that may pertain to the prevention, diagnosis or treatment of diseases;
- Operates, maintains and calibrates the equipment used in the laboratory to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results. This includes recording instrument maintenance and quality control results as well as recognizing and resolving problems by troubleshooting mal functioning equipment and taking corrective action;
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures, correct disposal of bio-hazardous waste and participation (as per delegated responsibilities) in the preparation process for internal and external audits;
- Assists the Technical/ QA Manager with overseeing and monitoring equipment maintenance, asset, management, procurement of goods and staff overtime expenditure to ensure the most effective, utilization of resources, optimization of stock levels and reduction of costs at all times;
- Reports incidents, including instrument failures, problem solutions and reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organizational policy;
- Attends training and seminars and participates in continuing professional development (CPD) activities, to continuously update knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up-to-date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof;
- Performs on-site training of laboratory staff, interns, students, medical colleagues and associated health workers in laboratory techniques, processes and systems, when assigned by Technical/ QA Manager and deemed competent;
- Adheres to professional conduct requirements in line with organizational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards.
- Ensures the implementation of service levels and quality standards in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and service level agreements;
- Represents the organization by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with patients, clients, doctors and other hospital staff;
- Perform any other duties as defined by Management.
- National Diploma in Biomedical Technology or Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences;
- Registration with the Mozambique Medical and Dental Council;
- 0 -3 Years Relevant Working Experience;
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology relevant to medical pathology;
- Knowledge of medical ethical guidelines in the medical pathology fields;
- Knowledge of all laboratory standard operating procedures and processes;
- Knowledge of all organisational policy and procedures;
- Knowledge of laboratory information systems;
- Absolute attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a pressured environment, prioritise urgent matters and handle stress;
- Ability to work as part of a team and influence colleagues positively;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Problem solving.
- Rule orientation; and Self-management;
- Hand-eye co-ordination;
- Printing and follow up of outstanding laboratory reports (Incompletes).
How to apply?
DATA LIMITE DE CANDIDATURA: 27 de Janeiro de 2023.
Indique a fonte da vaga na sua candidatura.
1 total de vistas, 1 hoje