Full-time Field Support Assistant
Descrição da Vaga
International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is recruiting a Field Support Assistant for Pemba.
Purpose of Role:
- Field Support Assistant (FSA) is responsible for the day-to-day support of the Administration, Human Resources and Finance/Logistics of the field office in Pemba. The FSA ensures all legal and regulatory documents are filed on behalf of INSO with the national authorities in a timely manner and is responsible for the financial compliance and reporting to Maputo office. The FSA will also support the facilities and asset management tasks for the office complying in full of INSO’s procurement procedures and budgetary requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Compliance & HR:
- Ensure that all agreements, protocols, authorizations, permits and licenses necessary for INSO’s activities are in place and always kept up to date and compliant in physical and hard copies for any external audit.
- Keep track of all expatriate HR files for visas, work permits, work authorizations and DIRE including original and certified copies for Pemba office.
- Monitor probation periods, contract expiration dates, and keep track of HR database.
- Ensure all employee files are up to date as per Ministry of Labor requirements and inspection audit procedures in the individual processes.
- Maintain and update staff absences and liaise with Finance Department for payroll purposes.
- Ensure all documentation on behalf of Pemba office is kept in physical, hard copies and notarized copies at all times.
Administration/Finance & Procurement:
- In charge of office reconciliation of daily, monthly, and annual petty cash and bank transactions.
- Monitor vehicle movements and logbook tracking daily.
- Ensure office is always equipped with materials such as for cleaning and stationary.
- Ensures that all payments are processed in a timely manner from the field office to Maputo.
- Keep up to date the office equipment and stock tracker (the purchase, movement, documentation, storage, etc.)
- Ensure functioning facilities, services, supplies and consumables, prepare leases and manage and maintain contractual agreements and relationships with vendors/contractors and all service providers.
- Implement and fully comply with all Procurement and Logistics regulations applicable for INSO and its donors in the country office and ensure all staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities with regards to procurement.
- Enforce all controls to prevent fraud and corruption.
- Carry out regular local market surveys for goods and services and ensure the Supplier/Vendor List and other databases are kept up-to date.
- Perform any other duties at the request.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A Degree in Administration, Human Resources, or relevant field.
- Excellent English and Portuguese language skills, both written and verbal.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in both HR and Administration, preferably with NGOs.
- High attention to detail.
- Prior experience in HR, administration, logistics and procurement.
- Confidentiality, integrity, and a sense of conflict-of-interest prevention.
- Know how to plan and organize your work.
- Be flexible, dynamic, know how to propose initiatives.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Capacity to work in multicultural environments.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy:
- INSO is fully committed to safety recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms and Conditions:
- 12 months renewable contract subject to funding and performance. Salary based on INSO grading scale.
How to Apply?
Please submit completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Field Support Assistant in the subject line. Applications should be in English and include:
- An updated CV (maximum 3 pages).
- A one-page cover letter of how you meet the job requirements and why you want to work with INSO.
DATA LIMITE DE CANDIDATURA: 14 de Novembro de 2023.
Indique A fonte da vaga na sua candidatura.
- Please do not send any additional information.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.