Full-time Chief Accountant
Descrição da Vaga
Lancet Laboratories Mozambique Lda, is recruiting a Chief Accountant to Maputo.
Reporting to: General Manager (GM) & CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO)
- The Chief Accountant will be responsible for the full accounting functions at the unit and its branches. The incumbent will oversee the: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Debt Collections, Stores/Procurement/Materials Management.
The incumbent will be expected to (among other tasks):
- Produce monthly and ad hoc financial reports for the General Manager and Head Office;
- Ensure all statutory related documentation is submitted timeously to comply with statutory requirements;
- Ensure that all financial transactions are captured and reflected accurately in the books of the company and are in such order to meet external audit requirements and any statutory regulations;
- Maintain the General Ledger as well as perform account reconciliations;
- Analyze and report on monthly financial information to Senior Management to ensure that senior management are informed of the financial position of Cerba Lancet Mozambique;
- Assist with audit preparations;
- Supervise the finance, billing and functions well as the department staff;
- Control all financial transactions and ensure that they are captured accurately and timeously in the accounting system;
- Ensure timeous submission of monthly reports and information to the group finance support function;
- Assist with preparing the country’s final budgets for approval and to ensure that approved budgets are monitored and adhered;
- Implement and monitor sound internal controls and ensure the effective functioning of these thereof;
- Implement and monitor credit control policies and ensure that the debt is collected or handed over to collection agencies timeously and the debtors’ book managed effectively;
- Implementing, monitoring and controlling cost control and reduction strategies;
- Carry out any other accounting / financial duties as may be required;
- Perform any other duties as defined by Management.
- The Chief Accountant is expected to operate office equipment, including printers, faxes and telephones;
- The Chief Accountant must be familiar with and work on the following computer systems: Collaborator, Meditech, MS Office, HRIS, Intranet/Internet, Hornbill, etc;
- Good knowledge of IT and accounting tools (MS Office, MS Dynamics, SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, SAGE etc.).
Decisions and Judgements:
- The Chief Accountant has full authority and discretion with regard to taking decisions that relate to the key performance areas and delegated responsibilities of this position. Decisions with Financial implications must be escalated to the General Manager;
- The Chief Accountant is expected to address corrective actions in cases where trends are noted through analysis of management reports or observation. The General Manager should be consulted prior if such corrective actions have financial implications.
Challenging Demands of the Job:
The typical demands of this job, that are outside of direct control of the Chief Accountant, are the following:
- Consistency in achieving stringent turnaround and performance targets in an environment that is characterised by high volumes and administration and compliance/quality;
- Unsociable working hours to meet deadlines;
- Attracting and retaining of the department staff and effective leadership of a team;
- Cost effective utilisation of all resources;
- Keeping abreast with technical knowledge and changes of the jobs;
- External factors impacting the Finance Department;
- Exposure to bio-hazardous substances;
- Educating staff on business matters (i.e. the implication of losing market share);
- Balancing the needs and demands of the staff with management decisions.
Communications and Relationships:
The Chief Accountant typically (and mostly) communicates with the following internal stakeholders:
- All laboratories Staff;
- Team members (AP, AR and Stores);
- Support departments;
- External contacts will include Suppliers, service providers, Support Departments, Pathologists and Senior Management.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A minimum of B. Com degree in Accounting/Finance;
- A recognised Post Graduate Professional Qualification will be desirable;
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in an accounting environment;
- Keen knowledge and regard of accounting and audit standards – Good knowledge of the Taxation and Regulations to ensure the company complies with state and federal financial statutory legal and regulatory requirements – Keen understanding of business and operational functions aligned to organisational awareness and environment;
- Good analytical and synthesizing skills;
- Good stress resistance;
- Good knowledge of IT and accounting tools (MS Office, MS Dynamics, SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, etc.);
- Confident with numbers;
- Critical, Analytical and problem-solving skills to think things through to obtain correct outcome;
- Time management skills to deliver various reports on the same day;
- Resilience and good leadership skills – Great initiative must be able to work independently and under pressure. – Accuracy and great attention to detail;
- Good Communication and cultural sensitivity skills (verbal and written), influential, conflict management and presentation skills;
- Ability to relate to people at all levels within a cross functional, multicultural and multiracial organization;
- Professionalism and good work ethics;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work well on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Computer Literacy – Able to motivate the team and lead by example – Outstanding phone and email etiquette – Exceptional organizational skills and aptitude for numbers.
Additional Key Responsibilities:
- Capable to oversee the accounting department, developing financial strategies, making investment decisions, helping company leadership with strategic planning. – Be able to uphold company’s standard of exceptional customer service, and, above all else, ensuring that consistent, accurate accounting services are provided to our clients daily. – Responsible for monitoring the budget and the financing plan and be able to set up communication with banks to have regular information on the latest developments. – Participates in negotiations with banking institutions;
- Setting up quarterly, monthly, or annual closing schedules while verifying the accuracy of the information sent to him, regarding accounting standards.
- Application Letter;
- Curriculum Vitae in Portuguese and English;
- Copies ID card, INSS card and Nuit;
- Academic certificates.
How to Apply?
Should be emailed to: [email protected] to the General Manager or to Lancet Laboratories Mozambique Limitada Avenue do Palmar No. 238, Sommerschield II. Maputo, Mozambique
DATA LIMITE DE CANDIDATURA: 10 de Agosto de 2022.
Indique a fonte da vaga na sua candidatura.
1 total de vistas, 1 hoje