Full-time Assistant Safety Advisor
Descrição da Vaga
International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is recruiting a Assistant Safety Advisor for Pemba.
Purpose of Role:
- The Assistant Safety Advisor (ASA) will support the Safety Advisor (SA) by assisting in the collection and verification of safety information from districts in the Pemba region of Mozambique, as well as assisting the SA in the preparation of relevant safety reports and incident lists.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and verify safety and security information from the districts in the Nampula province.
- Alongside DSA, monitor and guide INSO’s Field Monitors and ensure daily liaison.
- Assist the SA in the preparation of relevant reports, area assessments and other INSO products.
- Assist the SA in the visualizing and analyzing of data by using chart and mapping tools.
- Monitor media to collect relevant information for NGOs use.
- Contribute to writing safety reports and threat warnings in collaboration with the SA and the DSA.
- Conduct regular field trips to develop local expertise of the context.
- Develop a source network outside of the FMs and NGO community.
- Produce comprehensive daily and weekly incident lists to be sent to the SA and the DSA.
- Monitor the database to ensure no errors have occurred.
- Support the rapid collection of information for Alerts and Reports.
- Provide inputs to site safety review on request by NGOs and in collaboration with the SA and DSA.
- Respond pro-actively to any relevant information request of NGOs in terms of safety.
- Support during crisis, on request, in close collaboration with the SA and the DSA in term of information management.
- Ensure functioning facilities, services, supplies and consumables, prepare leases and manage and maintain contractual agreements and relationships with vendors/contractors and all service providers.
- Implement and fully comply with all Procurement and Logistics regulations applicable for INSO and its donors in the country office and ensure all staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities with regards to procurement.
- Enforce all controls to prevent fraud and corruption.
- Carry out regular local market surveys for goods and services and ensure the Supplier/Vendor List and other databases are kept up-to date.
- Perform any other duties at the request.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years of experience with NGO safety work or as a data entry analyst.
- Excellent Portuguese skills as well as a conversational level of at least one of the local languages relevant to Nampula province.
- A good understanding of NGO approaches to safety.
- A proven ability to develop and maintain working relationships.
- Excellent Computer skills and knowledge of Windows and Office programs.
- Mozambican nationality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, across multi-cultural environments.
- High level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Experience of working under high pressure, in fast-paced environments.
- Strong organizational skills ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner.
- Strong skills in data management.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy:
- INSO is fully committed to safety recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms and Conditions:
- 12 months renewable contract subject to funding and performance. Salary based on INSO grading scale.
How to Apply?
Please submit completed applications to email@example.com and reference Field Support Assistant in the subject line. Applications should be in English and include:
- An updated CV (maximum 3 pages).
- A one-page cover letter of how you meet the job requirements and why you want to work with INSO and how your qualifications align with the competencies required for the role.
DATA LIMITE DE CANDIDATURA: 14 de Novembro de 2023.
Indique A fonte da vaga na sua candidatura.
Please do not send any additional information.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted